ID a SOT-23 device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Western

Hi, I've exhausted my ability, patience and time trying to identify a SOT-23 transistor/mosfet/??? with the marking B6CC3. Can anyone offer any help please.

A pair of them are used to drive a small transformer, to provide 5 volts to feed a a 3.3 volt regulator.

Thanks.

Hopefully these are clear enough.

Attachments

• 20181219_095417.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 94
  • 20181219_095444.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
Wild guess, but B6 may be a vendor designation. Seems similar to a BAT54C common Cathode Schottky Barrier diode. The CC3 may be a date code, but the "C" may imply the common cathode. Again, just guessing....
If you have a device on the same board that is the same, and not damaged, see if you can check the diode function(s) of a good chip

https://caxapa.ru/thumbs/588912/smd-codes.pdf

Last edited:
Thanks sagor1. It is an active device, not just a diode.

Checking on other boards, the device doesn't measure as a normal transistor ... I'll have to remove one to get a better idea.

As mentioned above, a pair of them are used to drive a small transformer, to provide 5 volts to feed a a 3.3 volt regulator. Just a small section of circuit to provide an isolated supply for the comms section.

The document in the link gives other examples of SOT-23 devices starting with B6. Maybe one of those?
Good luck.

Yeah, I checked out all the devices starting with B6 ... and there were 7 starting with B6C ... none with B6CC

I use CTRL -F and search each document to narrow it down. Went through heaps of smd manuals yesterday trying to find a match, but no luck.

I may need to draw out the circuit and make an educated guess as to the best substitute.

There are bars above those C's I wonder whats the significance ? Any idea what country/ies these boards were designed and manufactured might be an additional clue ?

Wow, I hadn't even noticed those bars ... whoops.

They are GEA/WestfaliaSurge dairy boards ... a German company as far as I know ... so I assume they're made in Germany or Europe somewhere.

Thanks, fortytwo

Haha, that's a long story. They told me 10 years ago they don't want me fixing their boards as they won't be able to sell new ones.

They're coming around now a bit ... but I feel like I'm being asked to fix this stuff with both arms tied behind my back.

I'm up for it though, I like a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…