Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICSP programming port

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhizhi16

Allo..

I have build and ICSP port on my breadboard to programming my microcontroller. What can i use to interface to this ICSP port? Is it some sort of serial to ICSP (5pins) cable i need to make?

Marcus

zhizhi16 said:
Allo..

I have build and ICSP port on my breadboard to programming my microcontroller. What can i use to interface to this ICSP port? Is it some sort of serial to ICSP (5pins) cable i need to make?

Marcus

what breed of controllers are we talking about ?

Silly mee.. didnt specify the MCU that im talking about.. im talking about a PIC16F877

I checked out the forumn.. didn't find the ICSP posts useful..

Do i need to build something to interface it between my computer and PIC controller or can i simply from SErial to ICSP?

If you want to add ICSP to a project you must already have a pic programmer. The only thing you have to do is make a connection on your PCB (a plug) where RB6, RB7 and MCLR are connected to. (and RB3 if you use Low voltage programming). so you can connect your programmer to the pics programming port while it is still on the board.

You must also make sure that you add a diode to your MCLR pin, along with the "pull-up" resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back