Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICSP doesnt work - PIC16F877A, PIC16F628A

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitman47

1. I build Pic-Pg2c programmer using the schematics from olimex. When i program PIC16F628a from IC-Prog using ICSP it says "Verified succesfully" which means the ICSP cable, voltages, delay, connections are all ok. but the program(simple LED blinking program) doesnt run inspite of reseting etc.

2. It works correctly when it is programmed by inserting the PIC in the socket of programmer. Why this difference??. I have heard the ICSP fails with many people.

3. And when i use PIC16F877A with ICSP, the error "Verify failed at 0000h" appears which is contradictory to what happens in 1. All connections have been checked thoroughly.

4. Also the PIC16F877A works when inserted in the socket of programmer.

5. So why does ICSP not working? I tried making PGM pin LOW. Plz help me

hi hitman,

Please post the CONFIG section of your program, just the first 10 lines or so.

EricG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back