Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ics and Jumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Hi,

You know those jumpers you find on computer motherboards well I'm looking for something like that, something really small. Anyone know if Digi-key sells anything like that. I did a search on "jumper" but I couldn't find what i was looking for.

Also I'm looking for some suggestions on some interesting Ics like the 555timer or 4017 Decade counter. Something like that something easy to use. Maybe an Ic that does some interesting sound related stuff or An IC that can "fade" an led on and off gradually.

I am looking for an Ic that can drive a seven segment LED display. So I could make a clock using the display.

thanks for any suggestions.

Digikey has some Part# A26244 as well as 929950
**broken link removed** has them as well.

I think that is what you mean

Ivancho

thanks ivancho but i was thinking of those jumpers that have 3 pins. they are like 1cm or so in width. I have one on my motherboard thats used to start your computer up with the BIOS screen. thats the jumper i'm refering to.

If you are talking about the pins that are attached to the board, those are usually headers. The standard 0.1 size are very common and digikey has many different types. In any case, a 3 pin 0.1" is digikey part wm4001-nd. Hope this helps.

Thanks thats what i was looking for. So what is the cap called, the thing that goes over those pins to connect the pins together?

Like the ones I told you about, they are called Shorting Blocks or Shorting jumpers, that is why I thought you were refering to. :D

Those other ones are headers and uou can buy them in a long strip ans then snap them to size. **broken link removed**

Ivancho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back