Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ic386 to increase gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark800200

for the ic386 audio amp to increase gain should resistance or capacitance
be increased or decreased when using pins 1&8.i was under the believe
that capacitance was only used .

Mark, why do you post an incomplete question and leave us to speculate about what you mean? You need to specify what pins the components in question are connected to.

.i was under the believe
that capacitance was only used .

Looking at the posted link it appears the minimum gain is 20 when nothing is connected between 1 and 8.

If you connect a 10 uF ( i think they recommend 0.1 to 10 Uf) capacitor only across 1 and 8 you will get the max gain of 200 but you may have problems with oscillations, this is why its sugested that you connect a resistor in series with it.

In the 386 amps ive built i used a 1 K variable pot in series with a 10 uF capacitor this gives very good control over the gain. Another good idea is to connect a 100 Uf ,with a 0.1 Uf capacitor in parallel, between pin 6 and ground, this will help prevent oscillation as well.

Is oscillation the noise that builds up in the circuit?

I put together a simple lm386 circuit with an electret mic. It works fine, except after registering a few noises through the mic, I get a humming background noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back