Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ic tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeck_bad

i have a problem during design ic chip tester. my problem when i want to connect PIC16F877 to test zif socket. what is suitable component for shakehand for input and output between 20 pin test zif socket and PIC16F877.

Your word choices are quaint to say the least. Most test and programming fixtures implement a pin driver for each pin on the ZIF socket. The purpose of a pin driver is to make each pin capable of being an input or an output or a power pin. I know of no reason why a single chip could not be created for such a purpose, but at this time I know of no such chip. In commercial programmers and test fixtures each pin requires several circuits to do the job. I can think of numerous ways to design pin drivers, but I think it comes down to cost. How much are you willing to spend on parts and board area for each pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back