Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC for a switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico

I am confuzed by naming conventions for IC switches.
There are all sorts of wierd things like 1x1:1 and 1xDPDT (which has 4 seperate switches SPST switches...wierd)

I need to switch 4 digital signals and 2 analogue signals (with little voltage drop).
I figure i need 3 DPDT switches but I figure there must be a better way to do this.

thanks.

A better way? Way more information is needed. Would the signals travel both ways? Voltage and freq?

How much current? What voltage? What resistance open (1mega ohm) resistance closed (10 ohm).

OK for now since im just trying to learn about these switches lets keep it to just digital.
I have 4 digital outputs based on 8 inputs
I would like a switch which will let me switch between 2 settings:
Use Digital Input 1-4
OR Digital Input 5-8

The digital signals are TTL (5V DC, <10mA and dont care about switching speed)
My supply is 5V.
Signals only go one way
Lower closed resistance is better as I would like to avoid a huge voltage drop that would make my TTL signals stop working
Open resistance... if one input was high and one input was low I would still want the TTL to work.

A CD40257 quad 2-line-to-1-line data selector/multiplexer should fit the bill.

Here is a digital 4(spdt) switch.
Pin G = o volts.
Input 1A and 1B and output 1Y are a SPDT switch.
Pin A/B switches from A to B.
It needs +5 volts to work.

Attachments

• sn54ls257b.pdf
    878.6 KB · Views: 118
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back