Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC Digital Input Slew Rate for Detection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACharnley

I have a bootstrap circuit which feeds power to an IC. The IC then shuts it down and allows a buck to take over at the same point that the main load is enabled. When no power is detected for a period of time it goes into sleep and switches off the main bus.

To get sleep draw as low as possible I was intending to away with a comparator on the wake input (see schematic), but this will mean dealing with a large skew, and I'm wondering if IC's like PIC's have trouble detecting this as a digital signal (voltage is above required but edge detection won't see it)?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-16_20-02-12.png
    Screenshot_2020-04-16_20-02-12.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 131
No idea what that circuit is supposed to do?, or in whatway it's supposed to be a 'bootstrap'? - but regardless, many recent PIC's have I/O pins that can be set as standard inputs, or as schmitt trigger inputs, neither are edge triggered, so you should be able to sort something out.

The reason I ask is I've had a PIC before with this situation and it wouldn't detect the voltage change (the pin in question was set to TTL mode/2V and it wouldn't detect 2.3v). Now I'm unsure if the pin was faulty, but thought I'd ask to see if others have encountered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back