Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IBM PC Jr. Dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamarama

Hello everyone, bit of a random question but here goes.

Does anyone know what size the IBM PC Jr. is? It's been bothering me for a few days, but I can't find anything online. Anyone got one knocking around and willing to take a tape beasure to it? :)

What do you need dimensions for? That really is an odd question =)

Don't need one to answer it though, you just need some basic image software, something like ImageJ will work, anything that can pixel count an on screen drawn line.

Measure the 5 inch floppy drive bay, use the pixel count from edge to edge to calibrate the pixel to inch to determine how many pixels equal an inch and calculate from there.

All you need to know to do something like this with a random image is to have a known dimension, be able to measure the pixel distance, and be sure it's in the same parallax line to avoid distortion. Even that can be accounted for but it's more complicated.

Last edited:
I fancied a retro style case for a dos games machine, and liked the idea of cartridge slots that I can interface the com and lpt ports through for projects :) Sadly they were never sold in the UK so getting a dead one would be expensive with shipping and the likes. I have a few good photos and tried to scale, but they are all at an angle.

The most annoying thing is I had them written down on a scrap of paper that has gone AWOL :/

Try to search out the history of this computers on some website specially desigened to provide information about almost everything, try the encyclopedias on the internet to find something out of it, hope you would get some information out of it, thanks. Llamarama :)

Last edited:
I think I've got the dimensions or close dimensions now:

Roughly 340mm*310mm*80mm with a slot for the drive and cartridge ports 180mm long and 10mm deep, 10mm from the left hand edge. Does that sound about right?

Like I said just use ImageJ, you can measure it from an image..

I found **broken link removed**. It's large enough you should be able to get to within 2% of the true dimensions.

Google Image search does wonders =) After the initial search you can specifc 'large images' only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back