Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2S Bus with both DAC and ADC as separate devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentSA

Good Day,

If an embedded system has one I2S bus with pins CLK, WS, SDO and SDI. Is it possible to connect two I2S IC devices? One being a DAC and one being an ADC? Where they share CLK, WS but the ADC will wired to SDI and DAC to SDO.

I have a device that uses a PCM5102 DAC and only the CLK,WS,SDO pins and I would now like to add a PCM1860 ADC using the CLK,WS and SDI pins.

I would start by looking in the datasheet of the microcontroller if it can support I2S receive and transmit at the same time. I doubt it will, because one way the clock is an input and the other way it is an output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back