Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2C-Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.

datta

Hi Friends,

Suppose there is a microcontroller with I2C module and an I2C EEPROM and they are interfaced.

Is static timing analysis required for the analysis? By static timing analysis , i mean the constraints for setup time and hold time.

For start and start condition , at what time will the master make the SDA line low with respect to the Clock rising or falling edge? What parameter should i look at?
For eg;- when the master first issues a start condition (SDA turning low when clock is high) , there should be a minimum start hold time (for the slave) only after which clock turns low. At what time will the master pull this SDA line low with respect to the clock's falling edge..
Thanks in advance.

hi,
Look this I2C pdf, lots of useful info.

Attachments

• i2c.pdf
    658.2 KB · Views: 612
If the uC has a I²C module then you just use it. The hardware will handle all timing issues. Which uC are you using?

Edit, wow, that was quick.

Mike.

Last edited:
The circuit has already been designed...and i am just analysing the circuit for any possible issues..and i am doing timing analysis as a part of the analysis

That pic has a master synchronous serial port and should work fine with any I²C device.

Edit, the pic data sheet has lots of timing diagrams if you want to ensure he (the programmer) got the baud rate correct. If that is correct then all timings should be correct.

Mike.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back