Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2C Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

i2c2k

Hi!

I'm now writing a code for a I2C I'm going to use for two I2C-Slaves. My compiler has I2C functionality included, but the usage is very limited and it's not enough for me (it sends a Stop-Condition after every byte sent or received). The compiler really sucks so I'm gonna learn to use an other one, but it would take to much time yet.
So here's my question:
Who is controlling the SCL-line (Clock-line) when the slave is sending data to the master? Master or slave?

Thanks!

cya

The master always generates the clock signal, But the slave device can keep the clock low if it needs more time to do something.

Thanks for your info!
I'm going to use a two MCP23016 (Microchip) to increase the number of ports and I think they don't need to keep the clock low.

cya

i2c2k, u register this nick to ask quesiton on i2c?
will u change nick when u about to ask question on other field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back