Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to amplify a signal coming from a generator..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hegeru

I am able to use a generator that gives me 10Vpk-pk (sin wave). But I want to increase this sin wave to 40Vpk-pk? or maybe more. do you know what kind of amplifier I need to look for?

Last edited:
Hegeru said:
I am able to use a generator that gives me 10Vpk-pk (sin wave). But I want to increase this sin wave to 40Vpk-pk? or maybe more. do you know what kind of amplifier I need to look for?

No we don't, because you don't give us any idea what you want - for a start tell us what frequency you're talking about, and what you're wanting to drive.

Thanks Nigel,

I want to use different frequencies from 1KHz-5MHz and I'll be using different voltages ranging from 20Vpk-pk and 40Vpk-pk. and I am trying to appply this electric field to a capacitor that I built.

A transformer will work at low frequencies. Getting one to work at 5 MHz. will be a bit of a challenge since the inductive reactance at that frequency is five orders of magnitude higher then at the power line frequency and the capacitative reactance is 5 orders of magnitude samller.

The capacitor will short the output, and at 5MHz even a very low value capacitor will draw considerable current.

What are you actually trying to do?, it doesn't seem to make much sense?.

Building an amplifier to output 40v p-p with a >5MHz bandwidth isn't by any means a trivial project!.

What power level do you need?

Perhaps an RF amplifier, but getting a linear one that works from 1kHz to 5MHz isn't easy.

Perhaps you could wind a transformer, there are ferrites that will work up to 5MHz, nevertheless the wide bandwidth is still be a problem - a frequency range of 1:5000 isn't easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back