I want to amplify a signal coming from a generator..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hegeru

I am able to use a generator that gives me 10Vpk-pk (sin wave). But I want to increase this sin wave to 40Vpk-pk? or maybe more. do you know what kind of amplifier I need to look for?

Last edited:
Hegeru said:
I am able to use a generator that gives me 10Vpk-pk (sin wave). But I want to increase this sin wave to 40Vpk-pk? or maybe more. do you know what kind of amplifier I need to look for?

No we don't, because you don't give us any idea what you want - for a start tell us what frequency you're talking about, and what you're wanting to drive.

Thanks Nigel,

I want to use different frequencies from 1KHz-5MHz and I'll be using different voltages ranging from 20Vpk-pk and 40Vpk-pk. and I am trying to appply this electric field to a capacitor that I built.

A transformer will work at low frequencies. Getting one to work at 5 MHz. will be a bit of a challenge since the inductive reactance at that frequency is five orders of magnitude higher then at the power line frequency and the capacitative reactance is 5 orders of magnitude samller.

The capacitor will short the output, and at 5MHz even a very low value capacitor will draw considerable current.

What are you actually trying to do?, it doesn't seem to make much sense?.

Building an amplifier to output 40v p-p with a >5MHz bandwidth isn't by any means a trivial project!.

What power level do you need?

Perhaps an RF amplifier, but getting a linear one that works from 1kHz to 5MHz isn't easy.

Perhaps you could wind a transformer, there are ferrites that will work up to 5MHz, nevertheless the wide bandwidth is still be a problem - a frequency range of 1:5000 isn't easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…