I want 2 build a tachometer with LCD display. Need circuit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftakias

I need to build a tachometer with an a lcd display or a 7 segment led display . If anyone knows i need a circuit diagram and components list to build it .PLEASE HELP!!!! :cry: :roll:

Lcds are easer to interface to, but, 7 Seg LEDs are larger and brighter.

For 7 Seg LEDs I use a MC4511, the chip recieves a bcd code, it latches it into memory, and displays. So there is no need to send it over and over to the display.

I have a counter that uses them, and they work great.

What controler are you going to use?
Interfaces?

Lcds are easer to interface to, but, 7 Seg LEDs are larger and brighter.

For 7 Seg LEDs I use a MC4511
Interfaces?
Do you have a source for these. The major suppliers are no longer stocking many of the 7 seg parts.

Do you have a source for these. The major suppliers are no longer stocking many of the 7 seg parts.

Nope. but come on man Those SSDs very easy to find. And that design is also supportable to CA and CC SSDs

Its working nicely

**broken link removed**

Nope. but come on man Those SSDs very easy to find. And that design is also supportable to CA and CC SSDs
The part can not be found at Digikey, Mouser, or Newark. A lot of the LED 7 segment parts are going out of production.

First figure out how to run a display. This has been explained here and on the web numerous time.

The figure out how to use the PIC to count pulses or the time between them. This is also a common thing to do.

When you can do that the rest is easy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…