Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want 2 build a tachometer with LCD display. Need circuit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftakias

I need to build a tachometer with an a lcd display or a 7 segment led display . If anyone knows i need a circuit diagram and components list to build it .PLEASE HELP!!!! :cry: :roll:

what is the max rpm that you want to monitor? also, what what are you using for a signal reference?

Lcds are easer to interface to, but, 7 Seg LEDs are larger and brighter.

For 7 Seg LEDs I use a MC4511, the chip recieves a bcd code, it latches it into memory, and displays. So there is no need to send it over and over to the display.

I have a counter that uses them, and they work great.

What controler are you going to use?
Interfaces?

First figure out how to run a display. This has been explained here and on the web numerous time.

The figure out how to use the PIC to count pulses or the time between them. This is also a common thing to do.

When you can do that the rest is easy.

Last edited:
Nope ur WRONG. LCDs r not that much visible in bright day lights.
You can see this lcd on any day it has a 4watt back light**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back