Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I/O pin anomaly. Input pin is sourcing current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICMICRO

I have been trying to implement charlieplexing of 7-segment display, and lately banging my head to find out, why the leds that ought to be OFF were glowing (all-bit dimly).
Here is what I was surprised to find out
View attachment 65568

I have been trying to implement charlieplexing of 7-segment display, and lately banging my head to find out, why the leds that ought to be OFF were glowing (all-bit dimly).
Here is what I was surprised to find out
View attachment 65568

hi,
Do you have the internal weak pull ups enabled on those pins.?

Opps! thanks erics. Internal Pull-ups were indeed the problem, and I went on creating a thread about I/O Pin anomaly.:p
I disabled it, and the LEDs work fine now.

Last edited:
Opps! thanks erics. Internal Pull-ups were indeed the problem, and I went on creating a thread about I/O Pin anomaly.:p
I disabled it, and the LEDs work fine now.

hi,
OK, you are having a bad week and its only Thursday.!:rolleyes:

E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back