Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I/o Impedences

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrebc

Would you guys please tell me how to measure in I/o impedences of a CE amplifier. I found out about a way how to do it using a potentiometer. But since I dont have a potentiometer, is there an alternative way to it? If i just use the DMM across the input or ourput and tge ground will I get the right value of resistance. how about measuring the internal resistance of the frequency generator, How can I do that? sorry for asking these very basic questions!

Measure the input impedance by setting the input to a known peak voltage and measure the input current.

The output impedance can be obtained by measuring the output voltage off load, connecting a load and measuring the voltage again and using Norton's theorem to work out the internal resistance.

All measurements should me made using a scope, you might need to use the differential setting to get accurate results.

It is simple to calculate the input and output impedances of a CE transistor amplifier.
The input impedance is shown on a graph on the datasheet for the 2n3904 transistror. Then it is in parallel with the biasing resistors and the beta-amplified emitter resistor.
The output impedance is the collector resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back