Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need UR hlps for my project to build my first robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

choura

how R U
I am a student of electricity and electronics engineering
So I submitted on the draft completed robot contains only two legs of two men
Able to walk forward and backward
Contains pic
4 * servomotor controller
Is controlled by a robot and the two words are in front of (foreword) and left (back)
That is, it must contain a circuit to receive the two words in advance and a microphone connected circuit convert these words to two specific signals and then send these words
Note that the transmitter circuit must accommodate only those words, regardless of the type of voice or tone
The requests to:
What is the home of the best pic of the work of this project
Topics or books or files of interest to synthetic transmission and reception of the two words for them at the home of the robot
Tips and guidance from experts for the programming of this robot
Suggestions for this project

thanks my friend
I didn't find what i need, so, if you have informations or books about the sevo motor, I would be grateful if you helped me

Well, I am sure we can always do it with hardware by opening the servo and put a potential divider before the motor. DC motors slows down with less voltage, but you will lose torque, and I need the torque as I am working in hobby robot, so playing with the time is the only solution for me.

You might want to look at the **broken link removed** for voice recognition, apparently they work very well.

If you are choosing a PIC, any 18F one with a high enough pin count should suffice.

I have question ;
which one the best to my project servo motor or step motor, and why ?
I do not have sufficient information about them

Well a servo generally has a restricted arc that it can rotate through (unless you modify it) whereas a stepper motor will allow full 360+ degree rotation. A servo is generally good for some sort of steering mechanism. A stepper (or DC) motor would be good for driving a wheel for propulsion. A stepper can also be used like a servo with positioning, but allowing a wider range of movement than a servo.

So it is all down to the application that u are willing to do. I personally find servos simpler to run, as all what u need to do is sending pwm signal, but indeed they are restricted as mentioned above, so telling what is the project would be helpful.

hi my friends
thanks for your help; if there are more informations about servomotors and pic which can play audio (books or sites), plz tell me.
I'm waiting.

Haha, are you referring to his signature? I suppose it could prove helpful to you. A junebug can easily control some servos, though it would need a battery to do it without a usb umbilical.

which one the best to my project servo motor or step motor, and why ?
I do not have sufficient information about them

It really sounds like you want forum members to design this for you. Do some research yourself and I'm sure you will learn, trying to do voice recognition on a first project is just plain silly. If you can make your robot after doing the research needed, a simple electret mic and a whistle would do the trick, one whistle for forward 2 whistles for back. So thats either one pulse or 2 pulses in the circuit YOU design. I can assure you no-one will come in and design this for you, but if you do show some input to learn and SHOW what you've done members will help.

It is up to you and no-one else for your project so go do some research then come back here with what you have done and maybe if your nice members will help.

Regards Bryan

My friend ; I created this circuit in my project from microphone to output of this circuit (to servomotor), and my question is ( which one the best for my project the servomotor or step motor)
so, now my problem is how to send the signal of sound after convert it to digit signals becouse i'm using the analogic_ to_digital and some iform for my expl
thankyou for your note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back