Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need The solution : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

amr_j5

A building has 12 parking spaces. The owner of the car wants to know if there's an open space by looking at the "LED parking lot lights" displayed outside the building. In addition, the car owner wants to know when three adjacent spaces are open as he/she does not want anyone to park next to their car. Normally, this person parks at the end of a large parking lot to avoid any scrapes or scratches. The system must have one logic indicator to activate if three adjacent spaces become open. The "LED parking lot lights" must also display the number of available parking spaces using seven segment displays.
thx

A building has 12 parking spaces. The owner of the car wants to know if there's an open space by looking at the "LED parking lot lights" displayed outside the building. In addition, the car owner wants to know when three adjacent spaces are open as he/she does not want anyone to park next to their car. Normally, this person parks at the end of a large parking lot to avoid any scrapes or scratches. The system must have one logic indicator to activate if three adjacent spaces become open. The "LED parking lot lights" must also display the number of available parking spaces using seven segment displays.
thx

You either have a really weird client or a very creative professor. If this is homework, let us know, and then click the "report" link in the lower left of each post - a moderator will move this thread to the homework page.

Sounds like - the car owner is a real ass hole, thinking he can dictate how the parking lot should be maintained. If he get his will, that would probably turn into higher parking price for everybody else that cannot effort that of an expensive car.

Exept from that - is there any limitation of parts you can pick from? Bucket of relays? Micro processor? Good old TTL's chips?

What are you studding in class? I want to know what tools you are to use. example: I wan to build a mechanical computer that uses levers and gears but I am certain that is not what you should do. OR I want to use a network camera and a Raspberry Pi computer to see the parking log. The a computer monitor to display in "7-segment" format the number of open spaces plus a bright red light to indicate three or more open spots in a row. "dump ass parking"

My guess is that you must use AND and OR gates to solve the problem.
I know; teach a smart dog to count to seven. He can tie a note to the leg of a pigeon. Remember 7-segment format.

Since this is an educational project you are expected to post your ideas for completing it. We can then give guidance but not a complete solution.

What are you studding in class? I want to know what tools you are to use. example: I wan to build a mechanical computer that uses levers and gears but I am certain that is not what you should do. OR I want to use a network camera and a Raspberry Pi computer to see the parking log. The a computer monitor to display in "7-segment" format the number of open spaces plus a bright red light to indicate three or more open spots in a row. "dump ass parking"

I know; teach a smart dog to count to seven. He can tie a note to the leg of a pigeon. Remember 7-segment format.
I study digital sircuits design, if you can solve it i will be thankfull for you

I was thinking of starting with an optical camera system on a tethered blimp. Use scrolling text on the side of the blimp, like Goodyear does, to display the available parking.

Sounds like - the car owner is a real ass hole,

There are plenty of things that can be done about that.
https://www.boredpanda.com/passive-...oogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

Ok But I do not have any idea about the beginning

Assume each spot in the lot has a sensor that is low (0v) when empty and +5v when occupied.

So what inputs will the adder have? What provides the inputs? How are they related to the parking spaces? How will you know if a parking space is occupied?

No no i study the design

No, no you are ATTENDING a design course. It sounds like you are asking us to do the STUDY part.

So what inputs will the adder have? What provides the inputs? How are they related to the parking spaces? How will you know if a parking space is occupied?
That's what I ask :((((
Can you design it on multizm ???
Please help me my friends :((

If you don't know how to do a project then break it into little pieces. I think you just need a start.
How to get from BCD to 7-segment. This is a function you will need.
If you google search this you will get many hits like the IC 74LS49. There are many other parts that do almost the same thing. The data sheet for a 74ls49 will show how it works on the inside.
1553372546988.png

1553372775257.png

Some ICs do different things with 10-15. Some have "blank" and some don't.
Now pick another small function and make it work. or ask more questions.

If you don't know how to do a project then break it into little pieces. I think you just need a start.
How to get from BCD to 7-segment. This is a function you will need.
If you google search this you will get many hits like the IC 74LS49. There are many other parts that do almost the same thing. The data sheet for a 74ls49 will show how it works on the inside.
View attachment 117321
View attachment 117323
Some ICs do different things with 10-15. Some have "blank" and some don't.
Now pick another small function and make it work. or ask more questions.
Thanks for advice
Thanks for everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back