Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need some video software...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

Ok, i have a tiny problem. There is a video on google that i want to download(no, HiTech, get you head out of the gutter, it isn't pron...) I downloaded the MP4 file, but the freaking thing didn't have any audio(yup, just the video.)

So, i have two options that i can think of(well, actually three, but i don't like the third option.)

1) Download the MP4, record the audio from the net and save it as an MP3, then merge the two files together. The only problem is that i don't have any editing software for video.

2) Find a program on the net that will convert SWF to MP4(that is, if i can figure out how to download just the SWF file...)

3) And finally the option i regret even thinking about... i guess i could actually spend the few bucks and buy the video...

Well, i guess i could head on over to the TV studio and use the Adobe software we have there...

So, does anyone know of some software that can either let you EDIT MP4 files, or allow you to convert SWF to MP4? Preferably freeware...

Sheesh! To mention my name in the first sentence must have you feeling guilty or paranoid. What in all truthfullness is this video afterall? Intoxicated Paris Hilton and Britney Spears both out on the town while not wearing panties?

If your having trouble finding the link for the video on google video/you tube, open the browser to the page with the video on it, and then copy the following into the address bar and press enter;

EDIT - I removed the information, don't want to get pinged for something people could ''misuse"

But most you can download anyhow, just by clicking on the download button on the right.. Of course don’t use the above for anything illegal, it’s only if you can’t find the download button on the google/you tube pages for some reason!

Last edited:
Sheesh! To mention my name in the first sentence must have you feeling guilty or paranoid. What in all truthfullness is this video afterall? Intoxicated Paris Hilton and Britney Spears both out on the town while not wearing panties?

Hmm..... :D No...

I don't want this thread to get deleted, so i will not give the link to the video(i am sure you can find it if you want to easily, though).

Have any you ever seen the movie "Pirates of the Silicon Valley"? Ooh, it is simply the best movie ever made... Rented it once, but i am cheep, so... yeah...

AKG, i tried this. Here is the only place it shows up in the source:

Code:
var VP_subtitleEnabled=false;
var VP_subtitleOn=false;
function generateFlashEmbedHtml() {
  var embedFlashObj=
    [COLOR="Red"]"<embed style\u003d\"width:400px; height:326px;\" id\u003d\"VideoPlayback\" type\u003d\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" src\u003d\"http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId\u003d7941901498664355924&hl\u003den\" flashvars\u003d\"&subtitle\u003don\"> </embed>";[/COLOR]
  embedFlashObj = embedFlashObj.replace("&subtitle=on", getSubtitleArgForFlash());
  ele("embedhtml").value = embedFlashObj;
  onWindowResize();
}

I don't have a lot of experience with flash, so i am not sure how to decode that. (yeah, i know you can probably get the link from that code, but hey, you have to go through some work to get it... :p)

Please tell me that wasn't sarcasm... :)

I will find something... Hey... i wonder if linux will let you download .swf files......

no the above problem is that first the google is not loading the file directly , but loads the player(the googleplayer.swf) and it then the player loads the file ( if it used the browser to load the swf , you could access it directly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back