Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need some logic here

Status
Not open for further replies.

varkeychaya

i'm planning on making a robot that finds it's way out of a maze using simple gates. i plan to use two servos at the base of the robot for turning left and right. and am using an hbridge for the honours. how do i develop a logic for this. also do i need something like a timer circuit or something since i want the robot to turn 90 degrees when it encounters an obstacle.

i'd be glad if some one replied as soon as possible.as it's for my college project.

thanks

i want to ask you something.
do you have the motor powered from a motor that moves it forward and a servo that mooves the wheels so it turns, or you have one motor for the left wheel/wheels and another on for the right?
now, assuming that your robot is going forward and it encounters a wll straight ahead. you heed to have a sensor that detects this. you want it to turn 90 degrees ? but left or right? i assume that you will also have a sensor in the left and another one in the right to sense wich way it is free and turn in the right direction.
please answer these questions and ill try to help.

i'm using two motors one to control the left and one to control the right. i'm also using three sensors for all the directions except the back. i'm using infra red sensors. what i really need is help with the logic circuit bit.

ok, ill try to think of something.
just one more question. when something blocks the way in one direction, do you get as output from the sensor a hight, or a low?

the output of the sensor is high. i was thinking of having a primary sensor in the front and when this sensor detects something in front it activates a relay which checks the other two sensors and accordingly changes direction. please note i'm using simple dc motors the kind you get out of a walk man. i need help in turning the robot by 90 degrees since i'm using an hbridge will i need a timing circuit or something to keep the motor on until it has turned. :?:

look
i designed a circuit, it uses 2 AND gates, 2 NAND gates 2 555 timers and some descrete. but it faces a bit of a problem. when it is bloked it front and also on the left and right it will stop.
also, if it is blocked in front and it cand turn both left and right then, acording to how you will connect something it will turn either left or right.
now, i'll be back with the schematic soon. just tell me if it if ok like this.

here is the schematic

ok, so here is the schematic.
i think that it doesnt need any explaination.

Attachments

• scan0022.gif
    scan0022.gif
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,617
i saw your schematic. i was wondering if we could make the robot to turn to the left or right according to choice when it encounters walls on all sides that way once it turns in one direction it will check for walls again and when it notices a opening in one side it can turn to the opening.

thanks for the schematic :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back