Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixftdevil

I am working on an invention for about the last 3 years, I am looking for some type of recording device that will do play back.... Yes, I know go by a digital voice recorder or something like that. I am looking for something that would be made cheap enough for resale. Something that is small and can be hidden, Kind of like what you find in a toy. The little thing that makes the voice... they are only about 20 seconds in length, I am looking for something that is about 25 minutes of information... if you can help or you could build something for me... email me

Sure, we have nothing better to do than to build projects for other people to claim as their invention :eek::D

not trying to steal your invention

I have my own idea, just looking for something that will help me complete what i am trying to do, and this might even give you a way to use your invention.... not trying to take anything from anyone.....

I'm afraid you'll have to invent your own soundchip.

The Winbond ISD17240 can make a maximum of 480seconds (8 minutes) at a sample rate of 4KHz, which is about telephone voice quality.

Good quality sound is done using a sample rate of 12KHz, where the recording length of the ISD17240 drops to 160seconds.

You could go another way using an MCU and add external EEPROM richly. That would make the design a bit bulky though.

Boncuk

25 minutes is NON-trivial application. You need mass storage, ie expense, then it's probably worth implementing mpeg compression to reduce the storage (now you have a big expensive micro too) then the application "hidden" probably requires picking up voices from a hidden device at a distance and inside something, so you are up for quality mic, high gain amp, automatic gain control etc.

Then it got to be tiny and "cheap enough for resale". And I'm guessing the OP has no skill or experience with either micros or audio electronics. :(

Sixftdevil, go down to your local department store they already have these devices; called "dictaphones" or "voice recorders" etc. Most have good mic, good gain and one that records 25 mins is "cheap enough for resale" probably $50 to $100 US dollars.

thanks for the infromation, was just hoping there was some idea, that I had not thought of, for getting the job done....
Again Thanks,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back