Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need some help please nub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bgrbug

This is long and Im sorry, I have some questions and some of the questions are in the pictures to help make it easier. I hope lol .

I have two different things that I would like to combine together to make into one thing.

The first is a BELL bicycle light that runs on two AAA batteries. It has one button on the back and if you push it once it lights up all 5 leds and they stay on has seen in this video .
**broken link removed**
Then if I hit the button again then they all flash together.
Video
**broken link removed**

Then if I hit the button again they all go to a slower flash. video
**broken link removed**
Then hit button again they flash one , two and two . Video
**broken link removed**

Then if I hit it again they they reverse and flash two, two and one. No need for video on this one.
Then the last one before it turns it off is that it flashes really fast. Video
**broken link removed**

Know I took it apart to see what was inside and I cant tell anything. The pictures have the quesions in them.
**broken link removed**

Top off with led lights . The screw at the end goes through the board into what I believe is some sort of flaher or what you guys call a timer.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

This next picture is of the leds and my question is where do I find the board this size and what is it called?

**broken link removed**

Ok onto the next thing I have that I would like to know more about.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

So has you can see , Im trying to learn this lol . ANY help is a BIG THANK YOU !!!

ok someone told me that it is a micro processor that is controlling this this thing .

What type of micro processors are their to do this?

Thanks

Possibly.

This sort of circuit typically used an application specific IC. It is typically just a silicone die wired to the PCB and covered with a blob of resin. The chances are you can't buy it in shops.

The A23 battery is 12V? You would normally use 3V for red LEDs.

What type of micro processors are their to do this?
Almost any current microprocessor. Microchip makes a PIC10F series which has 6 pins, and Atmel makes ATtiny11. Either is probably perfect for this task.

Bgrbug said:
I have two different things that I would like to combine together to make into one thing.

The first is a BELL bicycle light

Whats the second thing? Are you wanting to make a larger light with the same patterns?

I can't really tell you much about the tubing. Is it plastic or glass? Looks like somthing you might see at a surplus store. I can't think of anything off hand like it that is commonly avalible.

The board i'm sure is custom made for whatever you took it out of. You could use project board though.

Whats the end goal of all this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back