Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario

What do I have to know well to be a good designer? are there any good books that you think they could be useful for me?

Do I need to solve lot of circuit analysis problems ?

Is math really important? and what math subjects should I focus on?

Wow, that is a complex question. Electrical engineering really can emcompass several areas or just a few. The basic principles and concepts are often similar, so you need to master those. For example a 2nd order closed loop control system will have the same form of transfer function as an RLC circuit. What does this mean? The same circuit that you would likely study early in a university will have the same basic math that a motor/speed control system will have your last year.

Math is important for both circuit analysis and simulation. In fact, when you perform circuit analysis on even simple RC circuits, you have to solve a differential equation (though after some experience you get a feel for the form of the equation w/o going through the math). A good book might be a "fundamentals of AC and DC circuits" or something along those lines.

Of course, this is my opinion, others will have their own opinions.

crust said:
Wow, that is a complex question. Electrical engineering really can emcompass several areas or just a few. The basic principles and concepts are often similar, so you need to master those. For example a 2nd order closed loop control system will have the same form of transfer function as an RLC circuit. What does this mean? The same circuit that you would likely study early in a university will have the same basic math that a motor/speed control system will have your last year.

Math is important for both circuit analysis and simulation. In fact, when you perform circuit analysis on even simple RC circuits, you have to solve a differential equation (though after some experience you get a feel for the form of the equation w/o going through the math). A good book might be a "fundamentals of AC and DC circuits" or something along those lines.

Of course, this is my opinion, others will have their own opinions.

Oh I like your answer.. thx!

Hi, I think this question depends on what you mean by good designer.
I have 25 years experience and a library of over 150 Electronics books.
There is such a thing as knowing too little but never too much..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back