Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk

hello eletronic experts!!
First of all i´m sorry for my english but i´m from portugal... I´m realy desperate because i have got a panasonic autoradio cq-rdp383n, and i´ve recently bought a dvd player for my car... but i can´t put the sound of my dvd player getting out on the car speakers...i´ve already bought a p2 (jack) to rca male male but that doesn´t work because the auxiliar option on my auto radio is only activated when connected to a cd box ... is there any way to resolve this??

Attachments

• foto_autoradio.jpg
    foto_autoradio.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,454
  • foto_autoradio2.jpg
    foto_autoradio2.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,247
  • foto_autoradio3.jpg
    foto_autoradio3.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,175
I had a similar problem with my Kenwood unit. There is a 13 pin (?) connector on the back of the unit for an external CD changer or XM radio system. The system knows when something is connected by a resistor accross two of the connector pins that would be located inside the cable itself or in the cd changer.
What i did was find the part on the Kenwood website that would allow you to connect an Aux unit, find the part number, then do a search for "(part number) schematic" Use the part number with no ()'s.

This gave me the value of resistor to use, and which pins are for the left and right audio channels. I made my own cable from parts but if you're going for the cheapest fix, I suppose you could just shove the resistor in the plug...though i would recommend making a correct cable.
Parts for the cable will cost far less than the ready made cord from the manufacturer.
~Mike

MrMikey83 thanks for the help! But how do i find that in panasonic? i´ve already being in panasonic site and the only thing i get from there was the manual o the autoradio that doesn´t explain nothing of that.. :(

"What i did was find the part on the Kenwood website that would allow you to connect an Aux unit, find the part number, then do a search for "(part number) schematic" Use the part number with no ()'s. " Can you help-me finding this? i´m little lost in this... i´m getting desperate!!

Thanks

I did a search afetr I posted the first message and I too could find nothing. It looks like the connector on your pictures is round. Are there 13 holes? Mine is 3 rows of 4 pins and a single one at the bottom in the middle. I also learned that some panasonic receivers used a square plug of some sort.

I'll continue looking around.
~Mike

ok....

I´ve taken some photos to help out... oh!! thanks for the help MrMikey83 ...i´m realy becaming desperate on this one...

I think that have 8 holls on it..

Attachments

• autoradio5.jpg
    autoradio5.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,064
MrMikey83 said:
I had a similar problem with my Kenwood unit. There is a 13 pin (?) connector on the back of the unit for an external CD changer or XM radio system. The system knows when something is connected by a resistor accross two of the connector pins that would be located inside the cable itself or in the cd changer.
What i did was find the part on the Kenwood website that would allow you to connect an Aux unit, find the part number, then do a search for "(part number) schematic" Use the part number with no ()'s.

This gave me the value of resistor to use, and which pins are for the left and right audio channels. I made my own cable from parts but if you're going for the cheapest fix, I suppose you could just shove the resistor in the plug...though i would recommend making a correct cable.
Parts for the cable will cost far less than the ready made cord from the manufacturer.
~Mike
Tel more about this, please. I have kenwood autoradio too, with 13pin CD connector.

Re: ok....

kirk said:
I´ve taken some photos to help out... oh!! thanks for the help MrMikey83 ...i´m realy becaming desperate on this one...

I think that have 8 holls on it..

Might not be much help?, but that looks like an 8 pin DIN plug - so at least the connector should be freely available!.

thanks..

At least now i know the name.. i´m going to continue to make some researches how this kind o connector works...if anyone could help... I realy need it!!

thanks

The problem is that every manufacturer uses a completely different system! - but you can buy adaptors to connect different makes of CD players and car radios.

However, they are expensive! - it's not usually just a simple lead, it contains electronics (almost certainly a micro-controller!) that converts the system communication from one system to the other.

Incidently, I've got access to Panasonic UK service - BUT, they don't list car audio at all, so it's probably done by a completely different company?.

For Kenwood users...
The original schematic pictures seem to be gone from the page I had found but I think I can give the pinout.
To enable the Aux In, some people have shorted pins 1 and 9 on the 13 pin Din. The original schematic I saw months ago used a resistor (100 Ohms) accross pins 1 and 9. I guess you can go eather way...maybe the resistor provides a measure of safety just in case you connect the wrong pins, you wont fry anything.

For the audio, 2 is Ground, 12 is Left, and 8 is Right.

As far as the Panasonic, I found the following info...

Here is one pinout diagram:

**broken link removed**

However, GreyLegend here at this forum says that the pinout on that article is wrong. There is another pinout diagram and a nice schematic on this thread:

**broken link removed**

I found the most information doinga yahoo search for "Panasonic 8 pin DIN pinout"

Happy experimenting!
~Mike

thanks again... but could you check the second link...it is

but could you check the second link...it´s not working... i would like to take a look at that to see what i can do.... thanks

okay i give up...

So people i´ve got a second way to do it.... what about i make an amplifier? i´ve a got a very but very simple project of an amplifier but just like i said i would be needing some help to build it...i´m a litle shamed :oops: by asking you this because i know this is a very simple project... So my doubts are...
1º- Can you help me mto make a partlist and what kind of plug does the circuit takes in the entries and in the exits?

2º- can anyone tell me where will i connect the amplifier in my radio?

3º- what kind of alimentation does it takes? 12v?

4º- the project says that we shoul use an equalizer? can i built one? is it realy necessary?

5º where do i connect the 12/3/6/18 and 21 pin of the ci?

6º- how and where will i connect the 1/8/16 and 23 pin othe ci and the 100nf and 2200uf is it all together?

Please be pation....NEWBIe in the place... :oops:

About the way ear is the explanation of the circuit...
"Este circuito entrega a cuatro parlantes el total de 40w sobre 4ohms y alimentado por 12v. Es por ende ideal para ser utilizado en el coche. La distorsión harmónica total es algo elevada, cerca del 10% a máxima potencia. Pero a media exigencia (20w) no llega al 2%. De todas formas no se pretende tener un sistema de alto desempeño en el coche.
Armado en torno a un integrado ideado para audio en automóviles, este circuito permite ampliar el sonido del auto radio o conectar un reproductor portátil de MP3 en el mismo. Internamente el chip dispone de ocho amplificadores operacionales que son dispuestos en puente, permitiendo así que cada terminal del parlante sea energizada. No hay que conectar el terminal de parlante negativo a masa, porque se estaría produciendo un corto circuito en la salida.

Como siempre en esta clase de desarrollos, la disipación térmica es un factor decisivo ya que una correcta refrigeración garantiza un funcionamiento estable, pero una ventilación deficiente puede dañar el circuito. Pese a tener protección térmica interna un calentamiento excesivo es letal para el integrado.

Si desea emplearlo en casa (no lo recomendamos) deberá usar una fuente de 12v capaz de drenar hasta 250w sobre 12v. Recuerde que el filtrado de la fuente es la clave del éxito en cualquier montaje de audio. Utilice condensadores electrolíticos grandes para eliminar el rizado y, a su vez, condensadores cerámicos para eliminar RF.

Para las entradas utilice cable apantallado y clavijas RCA hembra. Para conectarlo a un radio de coche es recomendable colocar entre éste y el amplificador un ecualizador pasivo que, además de controlar el tono del sonido, disminuye la potencia de la señal.

En el coche tenga mucho cuidado de donde obtiene la alimentación pues este sistema demanda gran cantidad de corriente. Si lo coloca en las vías de los faroles es posible que el sistema eléctrico del vehículo se dañe o, en su defecto, puede fundir el fusible. Una buena alternativa es colocarlo directamente de la batería del carro y conmutar la alimentación por medio de un relevo de faros halógenos con la bobina conectada en paralelo a la antena eléctrica o a la salida de control de equipo existente. Si no dispone de salida de control deberá recurrir a su capacidad inventiva para lograr sacar del interior del radio un cable conectado al interruptor del mismo

Once again i´m sorry for my english and i´m really but really sorry for making so many questions....

Thanks

Attachments

• simple_4x40w_amplifier.gif
    simple_4x40w_amplifier.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 1,148
Sorry, I'm not an amplifier guy. I was just wondering if you were able to get to the AUX setting on your Head-unit with the info above. In case you didn't know, once you get the resistor (or short) in and have enabled the AUX, you will be able to press your Source button and you'll have another setting in the rotation (CD---Radio---Aux).
~Mike

MrMikey83

witch resistor shoul i use? 1 kohm? 100 kohm? The information you give-me is good but from what i´ve been reading the resistor will not be enough... i think it would have to take a ci and other stuff.... i´m in a very bad sheets... :(

Yes, the 5k resistor provides a voltage drop to 6v.

Looking at the deck, from the back.

Right channel is pin2
Left channel is pin3
Ground is pin8
Control is pin5

On the mini plugs, tip is right channel, left is next and base is ground.

If you get noise try tying the pin 1 and pin 8 together.

This sounds to me like the way to go. It sounds like it worked for him. Someone else said it didn't work for them on their stereo, but they also said it didn't screw up their radio so I guess all you have to do is try it. Good luck.
~Mike

ok..

MrMikey83 i wil try to do that and see the result.... thanks for the help... if this doesn´t result please help me to build the amplifier... becaus trought the amplifier i will be able to connect my dvd player and my ipod.... but first i´ll try to with the 5k resistor.... thanks i´l post the results after the experience...

Ok it didn´t work....

I´m going to build the mini amplifier... that way i can put the sound getting out on the speakers... If anyone can help....

"So people i´ve got a second way to do it.... what about i make an amplifier? i´ve a got a very but very simple project of an amplifier but just like i said i would be needing some help to build it...i´m a litle shamed by asking you this because i know this is a very simple project... So my doubts are...
1º- Can you help me mto make a partlist and what kind of plug does the circuit takes in the entries and in the exits?

2º- can anyone tell me where will i connect the amplifier in my radio?

3º- what kind of alimentation does it takes? 12v?

4º- the project says that we shoul use an equalizer? can i built one? is it realy necessary?

5º where do i connect the 12/3/6/18 and 21 pin of the ci?

6º- how and where will i connect the 1/8/16 and 23 pin othe ci and the 100nf and 2200uf is it all together?

Please be pation....NEWBIe in the place... "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back