Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuliya

Hey guys! I really need your help with the task below.
If anybody is good at that, please write to trindyakyulya@gmail.com
Design a structure of the circuit controlling the work of the G1 and G2 heaters via the W1, W2, and W3
switches in dependence on temperature T:
- when T ≥ Ta – G1 and G2 turned off
- when Tb ≤ T < Ta – G1 and G2 connected in series and turned on
- when Tc ≤ T < Tb – only G2 turned on
- when Td ≤ T < Tc – only G1 turned on
- when T < Td – G1 and G2 connected in parallel and turned on

Attachments

• Project_2.pdf
    20.5 KB · Views: 326
Do you need the full detailed shematic with temperature sensor? or what you need is just the block diagrams? The circuit on your attachment, is it with the question so that you only need to say whcih switches needed to be closed and open? if that is the case below is the answer considering shown status of the switches are "off" . but in practical switching on of W1 & W3 together is not allowed, it must have interlock with other switches in real application to prevent short circuit.

- when T ≥ Ta – G1 and G2 turned off - W1 & W2 off , W3 does not effect (either on or off)
- when Tb ≤ T < Ta – G1 and G2 connected in series and turned on - W1 off, W2 & W3 on
- when Tc ≤ T < Tb – only G2 turned on - W1 off, W2 on , W3 off
- when Td ≤ T < Tc – only G1 turned on - W1 on, W2 & W3 off
- when T < Td – G1 and G2 connected in parallel and turned on - W1 & W2 on, W3 off

Design a structure of the circuit controlling the work of the G1 and G2 heaters via the W1, W2, and W3 switches in dependence on temperature T:

That suggests a full blown circuit and controls to execute the contact closures you described.

I'd recommend the OP start with a block diagram and describe the functions of the blocks.

If this were emergency heat, the single use of either G1 or G2 is redundant. Other wise you have heat off, low heat, medium heat, and high heat.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I really need your help with the task below.
If anybody is good at that, please write to trindyakyulya@gmail.com
Design a structure of the circuit controlling the work of the G1 and G2 heaters via the W1, W2, and W3
switches in dependence on temperature T:
- when T ≥ Ta – G1 and G2 turned off
- when Tb ≤ T < Ta – G1 and G2 connected in series and turned on
- when Tc ≤ T < Tb – only G2 turned on
- when Td ≤ T < Tc – only G1 turned on
- when T < Td – G1 and G2 connected in parallel and turned on

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand.

- when T >= Ta - G1 and G2 turned off

Does this mean that "When T >= Ta - G1, turn G2 off

Or does it mean "When T >= Ta - G1 and G2 is off?

In the second case, no action is given if the condition is met.

I spent 10 years as a control systems consultant. I would be happy to help you if you can answer that.

I took it at both G1 and G2 were off when T = > Ta.

I could be wrong, and the paper (pdf) certainly looks like it came from the professor/TA/instructor.

Do you need the full detailed shematic with temperature sensor? or what you need is just the block diagrams? The circuit on your attachment, is it with the question so that you only need to say whcih switches needed to be closed and open? if that is the case below is the answer considering shown status of the switches are "off" . but in practical switching on of W1 & W3 together is not allowed, it must have interlock with other switches in real application to prevent short circuit.

- when T ≥ Ta – G1 and G2 turned off - W1 & W2 off , W3 does not effect (either on or off)
- when Tb ≤ T < Ta – G1 and G2 connected in series and turned on - W1 off, W2 & W3 on
- when Tc ≤ T < Tb – only G2 turned on - W1 off, W2 on , W3 off
- when Td ≤ T < Tc – only G1 turned on - W1 on, W2 & W3 off
- when T < Td – G1 and G2 connected in parallel and turned on - W1 & W2 on, W3 off

Good job. That's certainly the way it looks to me.

At least we know mbarazeen understands the question. Give mbarazeen a few more hours and Yuliya will have a completed assignment to turn in to her professor for her due credit.

Thanks Honduras & JoeJester, she contacted me privately, the expectation of the prof was to assign some input and send signals to switches for different configuration as shown. i have attached the complete shematic that i sent to her.

Attachments

• logic-1.jpg
    logic-1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 285
I would have thought the design was to include everything from one temperature setting and one temperature sensor thru the decision circuits to the relay drivers.

I guess it depends on what tshe is studying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back