Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help with transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briskability

I am building an electronic lock and i have to use a BS170 transistor, but i can not find one. I want to know if there are any substitutes for this piece. The schmatics for the lock are at the following sight **broken link removed**

Hope you can help. Thanks,
Brisk

You could try a 2N7000. Failing that, almost any small n-channel mosfet should work fine, but just check the datasheets first, to compare specs.

hm...are you building that lock with the 4022 ?
i build it and it works......but still didn't have time to make the keyboard and really use the lock for something usefull.....
tell me how your project is going.

In digital electronics, everything is represented by "high" and "low" values. They are comparable to binary "1" and "0". Typically (but not necessarily) 'high' values are represented by a 5V signal, and 'low' values are represented by a 0V signal.

If the output goes high when the correct code is entered then why does the led i added to the output stay lit all of the time, did i maybe skrew up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back