Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help with a car alarm with pic 16f84

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebelu

i have a car alarm, magicar fai-300n, with a broken 16f84, can anyone pls help me to program a new pic? if u could send me the hex file it would be great, thank you

PIC's supplied in manufactured products will most certainly always be code protected. I seriously doubt that they would have used the "F" series. They would rather use the "C" series. Cheaper, once off programming etc.

I think your best bet would be to contact the supplier, and try and negotiate for a replacement, (if the IC got damaged due to some unforeseen incident, and not by someone trying to hack the code:D )

You better contact with the supplier as SPDCHK tells. But the problem is how only the PIC is damaged, unless you tried to remove the PIC for hacking or cloning a similar circuit.
By looking all the features it needs a big program to do so.

**broken link removed**
Features:
• Two 2-button / 4-button HQ Transmitters
• Remote Control Arm/Disarm
• Remote Control Lock/Unlock
• Remote Car Finder
• Remote Control Dual Stage Shock Sensor
• Remote Panic/Anti Hi-Jacking mode
• Remote Mute mode
• Remote Valet mode
• Remote Trunk Release (Optional)
• Engine Starter Cut-Off
• Door Trigger Sensing
• Auto Rearm
• Passive Lock/Unlock
• Shock Sensor Bypass
• LED Indications for Different Triggers
• Override mode
• Keyless Entry mode
• Programming Ignition Lock
• Programming Last Door Arming
• Programming Door Lock/Unlock Time
• Dome Light Delay

Tell the truth for your supplier I have tried to hack this chip but I couldn’t. Pls give me the hex file for cheaper amount….
In my opinion you can buy security devices for cheaper amount today.

Last edited:
I didn`t want to hack it, i wanted to connect my cars central locking straight to it, because my car had central locking with a remote, and afterwords i added the car alarm with a second remote and u can immagine ... one key two remotes. The thing is when i tried to connect my central locking trough a rellay instead of the radio receiver from the car alarm, the pic died :( . I have a friend with the same car alarm, he gave me the pic to duplicate it but it was protected... :(, i haven't tried to hack it because i don't want to damege another pic... so please if u know how to assamble a program for the pic in a car alarm pls give me a msg.

If its code protected the only way your going to get another copy is to buy another pic from the supplier. There's no way anyone will have a assembly file which you can use to reprogram the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back