Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help really badly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Steve. I misunderstood something.
I pictured an ordinary neon tube that being held just in the air without any connection would turn on. This "magic" neon light can be produced in the immediate vicinity of big radio towers, where the RF electromagnetic field in the air is very strong.
Build your house at the foot of a radio tower, and you won't need a wired electrical system: the neon lights will turn on just by themselves! :lol:

My point was in UNCAUTIOUS EXPERIMENTING with high power RF circuits. It is neighbor-safe just until one removes the outer shielding from around the circuits and RF coils.

Onya. Sorry for making out your case for a joke. Take care

i need help realy badly

gerenis said:
Hi Steve. I misunderstood something.
I pictured an ordinary neon tube that being held just in the air without any connection would turn on. This "magic" neon light can be produced in the immediate vicinity of big radio towers, where the RF electromagnetic field in the air is very strong.
Build your house at the foot of a radio tower, and you won't need a wired electrical system: the neon lights will turn on just by themselves! :lol:

My point was in UNCAUTIOUS EXPERIMENTING with high power RF circuits. It is neighbor-safe just until one removes the outer shielding from around the circuits and RF coils.

Onya. Sorry for making out your case for a joke. Take care
no problems there, thankyou for your input

Great idea(got some thoughts)

I have heard of it two years back. it's quite possible but with certain restrictions, of course ,we know that power can transmitted through even vaccum when power is transmitted in form of electromagnetic waves the same way sunlight reach earth,but the problem is attenuation and disturbance in atmosphere.the maximum power that can be transfered is restricted and so is distance . (that why we often come across the term repeaters for transmission of wireless signals) but still you could display it could be done by two ways

use isotropic antenna -directional
consider calculating signal strength and attenuation (higher frequency causes low attenuation but unfortunately its hazardous to humans)

make sure you r safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back