Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelhare

i got a corsa b and the petrol gauge keeps saying it full when it not. if i turn the key 2 places it tells me the right petrol but when i turn the engine on the pin gos to full could any 1 help me plaese thanks michael

It sounds like the regulator has failed. There is a usually a voltage regulator for the gauges, and if that has failed giving too much voltage, the gauge will read high. When the engine is not running the battery voltage isn't large enough for the regulator output to be significantly too high.

i did put some led bulbs in and it started smoking so took them out do u no how much it woeld cost to get sorted thanks

Did you use the correct value series resistor?

Maybe you blew a fuse?

Check the manual for your car to find out the location of the fuse box and which fuse protects what circuit. Check the fuse and replace with the same rating if it's broken. Whatever you do, do not replace with a larger rating because there's a risk of fire if a short circuit occurs.

Check the manual for your car to find out the location of the fuse box and which fuse protects what circuit. Check the fuse and replace with the same rating if it's broken. Whatever you do, do not replace with a larger rating because there's a risk of fire if a short circuit occurs.

what would the name of the circuit for the speedo thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back