Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need data about floppy drive ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hm_fa_da

hello ;

i need some information ( datasheet ) of floppy drive ( 3 1.2 ")
in fact i want to connect microcontroller to floppy drive in order to read from disket , now i need it's hardware datasheet ?

thank you

I know how to drive a HDD or a flash memory, but a floppy drive works different, no?

hm_fa_da said:
hello ;

i need some information ( datasheet ) of floppy drive ( 3 1.2 ")
in fact i want to connect microcontroller to floppy drive in order to read from disket , now i need it's hardware datasheet ?

thank you

You don't need the datasheet of a floppy drive because there's nothing there. What you need are datasheets of floppy controllers. Try the SMSC site or Intel's 82077AA floppy controller.

Is the disk MSDOS formatted or do you intend to just read raw sectors?

It might be easier to interface to a flash memory card (SD or MMC) from a microcontroller than a floppy.

Good luck!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back