Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need an electronic sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nford

I need a schematic or plans for an electronic sensor. I want it to sound an alarm when someone walks up a set of stairs.
Any help would be appreciated.

Couple of questions:
Do your stairs have carpet on them
Is there a handrail, what's it made of
Does the sensor have to concealed, small, temporary or permenant
Wires or radio linked to alarm

Sensor circuits:
Optical break beam,Pressure pad switch,Capacitve,Vibration,
Pyrolectric (Infra red motion) Often found on security floodlights :wink:
Ultrasonic - Doppler shift (motion) and rangefinding (proximity)
Radar - see above, Motion detection only needs a couple of simple ic's but rangefinding is a bit more complex. That and the cavities are a bit expensive and an overkill for domestic use.

Hi

Do your stairs have carpet on them: YES
Is there a handrail, what's it made of: Iron I think it's very hard
Does the sensor have to concealed, small, temporary or permenant : does not have to be concealed, snmall because there is not much room to mount on stairs, not permenant
Wires or radio linked to alarm : I was thinking of batteries, but there will be electricity to it.

It's to catch my boss when he snaeks up on us, actually he does sneak up he's just fast, and we were kidding with him that we were going to do this.
He startles me everytime :shock

Cor blimey guv, someones alive on this thing.....

The simplest solution is a stair switch pad (hide it under carpet) these are simple enough to make and cheap if u want to buy, as for wires I suggest using a type called prototyping wire. It's very very thin and almost imposibble to spot, add to your list a 9volt battery and a small buzzer and that should do it..

That sounds great, Now for the question, where do I find a plan, can I just search for a stair switch pad, if I was to buy one?

Thanks again for all your help.

Cheers

Try the phrase "Stair Pressure Matt" that should get a result,

if you are in the uk this is one source.
**broken link removed**

Check out links to "Gadget Shops"
**broken link removed**
3rd page in "Spy Tracker" this is a much better solution!

Thank you, I'll check these out

I live in Arizona, it would be nice to have the resources you on your side of the world

Ooops: should of asked where you are cos u didn't say

As for the availabilty of resources , well, that cuts both ways my friend.
I would like to get into the NASA technical brief archive but this is a privalige of US citizens and denied to me here in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back