Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need a project proposal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aires

I need a project proposal... A project that uses basic LOGIC GATES
(AND,OR,NAND,NOR). My instructor rejects project proposal that uses ALARM type (burglar alarm, anti car theif alarm etc.). She said it must be inovative and it has use in the society. PLS help me, I have a week to pass the project proposal.

THANK YOU in advance...

once my teacher told us to give a presentation of any circuit that used logic gates. we were given only one day. most of the students copied alarm systems from textbooks (which he didnt seem to like much). but i gave a presentation of a switch debouncer because we hadnt learnt it at that time. he was quite happy with it.

well u can also make a clock. but most of the teachers are fed up with clocks. every student seems to be interested in making clocks. so u should do something that has an interface to the outside world. like a door entry system. where a user enters a number on a keypad and if it is the right code a relay opens the door.

u can also make a counter for the number of cars entering a car parking area. an infra red sensor will detect the cars and a counter will keep the number of cars present in the parking area. then u can add something more to it. just imagine!!!!!!!

u can also make a fuel gauge. the one like at the petrol pumps. but your gauge doesnt uses odometer type display, it will use an LED display.

just keep looking around for things in the real world. and try to include them in your design. it will be a hit!!!!!!!!!!!

What about some kind of code lock?
Something that requires you to enter 4 numbers from a keypad, and when they are correct sets a certain output (wich could be used to open the lock). Enter a bad number 3 times and an alarm goes of...

...Perhaps this is too simple, but I have no idea of the level of complexity you seek.

just keep looking around for things in the real world. and try to include them in your design. it will be a hit!!!!!!!!!!!

THX 4 d ADVICE...

Proposal Problem

I also have a project proposal, just wanna seek advice from you because i know you already bypass this kind of life just wanna ask what other proposal you can suggest. I proposed and try the door lock thing using a keypad with a pin code but my teacher just reject it. He wants me to pass another one...can you give me any bright ideas of yours...compexity im at a middle but not to expert...he wants me 2 pass at least 5 proposals just to make sure he would pick 1 out of those...this is my second time around because he reject the first 5 i submitted...just wanna seek some help..thx a lot

Five Proposal my instructor rejected this for For Goodwin;
1.Burglar alarm
2. Sensorize Door
3. Digital Clock
4 & 5 Compose of other type of alarm system (ex. car, theif )
The reason, he did not stated he just want us to pass a new proposal thats the email...
any ideas or suggestions would help me a lot....thx for the reply Goodwin

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the only project he will accept from you is one with the schematic, PCB layout and technical write up all done for him.

aires,
We don't mind helping you but if you want us to do all the work for you then GTFO.

Just a comment on herro

No he does not want us to build a prototype like he want a PCB layout stuff. But we have to make the circuit itself to see if it is working according to our accepted proposal if we got one. But i just need ur help in thinking what other things in the world that uses counter & register, that passes its output thru motor, LED's, sensor and 7 segments. That are not common to see...thx if you got any ideas or suggestions feel free to share....and i forgot i must used a 4 by 3 telephone keypad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back