i need a micro controller for signal processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasser

pls:
i am beginner with signal processing micro controller .
i need a micro controller for signal processing, what kind can i use .
frequency signal above 100Mhz

MicroChip make a range of DSP's, but 100MHz if far too high for such devices - perhaps you'd better tell us what you're trying to do?.

kasser said:
i want to work with IF frequency ,am-fm radio signals.

Very different frequencies, FM is normally 10.7MHz, and AM 455KHz - but what do you want to do with it?.

The signals from the mixer are tiny, so you need to amplify them considerably anyway, and you would normally band-pass filter them during this amplification, using ceramic filters (or historically IF transformers). Attempting to use just a wideband amplifer is going to reduce performance considerably, probably to the extent it wouldn't work?.

Once you've got the amplified IF signals you could presumably then use a DSP to demodulate them? - but you're replacing a simple cheap part of the circuit with a much more complicated and expensive part.

thank you NIGEL:
that all right ,but the size becoms littler and changing its content is easir.
so i want to work with DSP.
therefore i want high speed microcontroller

Last edited:
kasser said:
thank you NIGEL:
that all right ,but the size becoms littler and changing its content is easir.
so i want to work with DSP.
therefore i want high speed microcontroller

Like I said above, check the dsPIC from MicroChip - now you've dropped your original requirement from 100MHz things become a lot more possible!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…