Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need a micro controller for signal processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasser

pls:
i am beginner with signal processing micro controller .
i need a micro controller for signal processing, what kind can i use .
frequency signal above 100Mhz

The signals from the mixer are tiny, so you need to amplify them considerably anyway, and you would normally band-pass filter them during this amplification, using ceramic filters (or historically IF transformers). Attempting to use just a wideband amplifer is going to reduce performance considerably, probably to the extent it wouldn't work?.

Once you've got the amplified IF signals you could presumably then use a DSP to demodulate them? - but you're replacing a simple cheap part of the circuit with a much more complicated and expensive part.

thank you NIGEL:
that all right ,but the size becoms littler and changing its content is easir.
so i want to work with DSP.
therefore i want high speed microcontroller

Last edited:
kasser said:
thank you NIGEL:
that all right ,but the size becoms littler and changing its content is easir.
so i want to work with DSP.
therefore i want high speed microcontroller

Like I said above, check the dsPIC from MicroChip - now you've dropped your original requirement from 100MHz things become a lot more possible!.

FPGA's are useful for digital 'software defined' radios. Wikipedia's entry has tons of information about it, including several active projects. They're basically high speed ADC's and DAC's hooked directly to an FPGA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software-defined_radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back