I need a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

Does anyone have a book that will explain, in great detail, how a computer works? When i say "how a computer works", i mean; the busses(and how they work), how addressing REALLYworks, the memory(DRAM, SRAM, and MCC's), what IRQ's Really are, what DMA and DMA Requests are. I would like to know. If anyone would care to leave a description, that would be great, but i would like a book. Actually, i would like it if someone would give me a taste, if you will, of what these things are, and how they function. Thanks!

Also, don't bother checking my spelling. I can guarantee that it is all right.

Also, don't bother checking my spelling. I can guarantee that it is all right
indeed - i couldn't find anything. good work

@topic:
Why don't you look for introductory tutorials on the net first, before buying a book ?

I like a challenge. Also, i have tried multiple times to solve your i^2=j^2=k^2=ijk=.1. Is it just me, or is there no solution?

The book you want will have "computer architecture" in the title. Caxton C. Foster is a capable author on this subject. Since you are two hours away from a university and given the state of public libraries you might find a used copy on amazon.

As i have said before, my library sucks. No books on electronics, nothing. Just a bunch of girly fantasy/fiction books. Nothing educational.

Sounds like your city/county government needs to fire the head librarian! WTH kind of library is it that doesn't have the various subjects on file? As one exception, I could see perhaps the Bill Clinton Presidential "brag about himself" Legacy Library, but anywhere else, there should be books available on all topics!

_nox_ said:
indeed - i couldn't find anything. good work
There is nothing worng with the spelling in the post you're commenting on but the word "I" is always spelt with a capital I.

Yes, but i don't like "i". It's just me. So, who cares?

Also, i did buy that book. It should come tomorrow, or the next day. Oooh, i cant wait!

Actually, i do very well in English. I just really don't care about grammar and/or spelling on AN ELECTRONICS FORUM! If i cared enough, i would take more time.

Personally, I picked up a copy of "PC Upgrade & Maintenance Guide - 11th ed." for $1 @ the local Goodwill store (second-hand shop)...I saw a newer one at a bookstore for $60...it has everything though...I originally bought it for the processor pinouts along with all the busses, RAM pinouts and such...plus it has a lot of info in it that's just good to have lying around...

I took the hardware practice A+ certification test on the included CD and passed...no studying =D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…