Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need a 5 input logic simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinaxis

i have a project given to me by my college prof and i need a logic simulator that will allow up to 5 inputs on the logic gates. Does anyone know where i can download one? ty

hmmm... up to 5 inputs? so if you decide to use only one input, there is not much to be simulated anyway. what logic need to be simulated? just gates or more complex?

it's a priority 10-4 encoder with simple nor, not and and gates, the first and gate on the example given has 5 inputs, i need somethin that alllows 5 inputs so i can run the simulation the way hea has it set up

sinaxis said:
i have a project given to me by my college prof and i need a logic simulator that will allow up to 5 inputs on the logic gates. Does anyone know where i can download one? ty
You should be able to design it yourself.

If I understand the requirement, you have a one of five input that is to be converted to binary.

If this is correct (and even if it is not, the same principle applies), you draw a Karnough map for each output and find the minimal Boolean expressions for each gating arrangement.

You will learn more if you do it yourself rather than looking at a web site that has this info, or if we do it for you.

I'm assuming that what you want is a circuit that you can program to produce any 5-input logic function?

This would be really easy to do with a parallel EEPROM...

An EEPROM is not allowed or necessary. In his second post he wrote:-

sinaxis said:
it's a priority 10-4 encoder with simple nor, not and and gates, the first and gate on the example given has 5 inputs, i need somethin that alllows 5 inputs so i can run the simulation the way hea has it set up

This is a simple combinational logic issue.
Edit. I mis-read his requirement. The 5 inputs are to the first AND gate.

He has to design a 10 to 4 priority encoder. As I said above, this is a simple combinational logic issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back