Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I feel stupid - webcam help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnyBoy

I have a digital camera that can be used as a webcam... I also have a stand alone webcam, neither works, as they search for drivers, but find none, I can't find any online that are just generic ones...

help!!! lol

windows XP pro, with SP1... haven't/don't want to install SP2... do I need it?

Missing drivers is a problem! Especially if the Camera is a crapy one...

You really should install SP2, it has a major Bug fixes!

**broken link removed**

thats the camera there, the first one, the webcam... I've downloaded the "drivers" from there, except the drivers don't seem to actually contain any drivers!!!

AHH!!!! lol

sorry, I should have said.. I tried manually, I tried automatically, I tried specifying each and every folder in the zip folder... I specified the folder the program was installed into...

I TRIED EVERYTHING!!! :p

SkinnyBoy said:

Aside from the camera issue, i would install SP2 to have USB2.0 support...

Exo said:
SkinnyBoy said:

hmm.... I installed the USB drivers from my motherboard drivers CD, and I assume they are USB2...

If there's something popping up, there IS a driver. The something is like a little balloon, having "Found new hardware" stuff in it. Did u try, after having this, and arriving to the install driver dialog, the option where u can search the internet for a driver? It could find it by itself...

I bet u tried that... There's only three options left:
1 - In Control Panel, try 'add new hardware', and then choose imaging devices, and then... (u continue)

2 - Check the cam manufacturer/brand's website (don't they have any?)

3 - Search the net, in places like Drivers Headquarters...

SkinnyBoy said:
Exo said:
SkinnyBoy said:

hmm.... I installed the USB drivers from my motherboard drivers CD, and I assume they are USB2...

No, You need SP2 for usb2.0...

Anyway, using Windows, one MUST install SP2... U can't work with something not liking it: u like windows ==> u must have SP2... Otherwise... There r so many other OS's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back