I feel stupid - webcam help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnyBoy

I have a digital camera that can be used as a webcam... I also have a stand alone webcam, neither works, as they search for drivers, but find none, I can't find any online that are just generic ones...

help!!! lol

windows XP pro, with SP1... haven't/don't want to install SP2... do I need it?

Missing drivers is a problem! Especially if the Camera is a crapy one...

You really should install SP2, it has a major Bug fixes!

**broken link removed**

thats the camera there, the first one, the webcam... I've downloaded the "drivers" from there, except the drivers don't seem to actually contain any drivers!!!

AHH!!!! lol

sorry, I should have said.. I tried manually, I tried automatically, I tried specifying each and every folder in the zip folder... I specified the folder the program was installed into...

I TRIED EVERYTHING!!!

SkinnyBoy said:
windows XP pro, with SP1... haven't/don't want to install SP2... do I need it?

Aside from the camera issue, i would install SP2 to have USB2.0 support...

hmm.... I installed the USB drivers from my motherboard drivers CD, and I assume they are USB2...

If there's something popping up, there IS a driver. The something is like a little balloon, having "Found new hardware" stuff in it. Did u try, after having this, and arriving to the install driver dialog, the option where u can search the internet for a driver? It could find it by itself...

I bet u tried that... There's only three options left:
1 - In Control Panel, try 'add new hardware', and then choose imaging devices, and then... (u continue)

2 - Check the cam manufacturer/brand's website (don't they have any?)

3 - Search the net, in places like Drivers Headquarters...

No, You need SP2 for usb2.0...

Anyway, using Windows, one MUST install SP2... U can't work with something not liking it: u like windows ==> u must have SP2... Otherwise... There r so many other OS's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…