Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I DONT WANT TO MOVE AGAIN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh LG if it is Oz your headed for don't worry out of the top 10 deadly snakes we have most of them also one can't forget the deadly spiders and lizards that grow over 10' long, if you endup in the north they have have some nice big croc's to keep you on edge and don't go walking in the bush by yourself as those drop bears are also deadly.

But overall Oz is a top place and I'm glad my parents got me out of the UK when I was 4 as the UK in my opinion aint the best place to live and they can't play cricket to save their lives......

In summer it can get to 45C or higher in the shade and depending where the humidity can be as low as 5% or 100%...

I feel for you LG but sometimes change can be good.
My question would be how good are the schools there.
You should look it up.

I think somewhere in the southern hemisphere, where they speak a variation of English which can sound a bit odd to someone from the UK.

So my guess is one of the following:

Australia - No worries mate, open a tinny and put another Quokka on the barbie.
New Zealand - Beware of the Keas
Republic of South Africa - Mmmm... ask tvtech
Falkland Islands - Beware of the neighbours, they can be a bit excitable.
Tristan da Cunha - The ship calls in once or twice a year, make sure you dont miss anything off that order to RS or Farnell!

Or, to be really way out, how about Patagonia where I believe there is a Welsh speaking community!

JimB

I think somewhere in the southern hemisphere, where they speak a variation of English which can sound a bit odd to someone from the UK.

So my guess is one of the following:
Republic of South Africa - Mmmm... ask tvtech

JimB

LOL Jim.

I was thinking the same thing myself...

If that lovely friendly family arrive here I will be the first guy to show them the ropes and help them deal with stupids...

I wonder what kind of research GM11 does that they move so often??

Regards,
tvtech

Don't like moving. Never will again (except prone, in a box, into the back yard). With ya in spirit, LG.

Gotta love (and relate to) LG's signature... :woot:.

Gotta love (and relate to) LG's signature...
"My mind runs at 100 mph, but our house has a 20mph speed limit, so I am always in the poo"

The corollary to that sig is:
The boss/wife/mother is demanding 100mph, but for all the best reasons I can only manage 20mph.

JimB

Great white sharks! no end of poisonous snakes spiders and general bugs! Not what i am thinking fit's safe, too hot, especially this time of year. I am not allowed to say where yet, because of you know who's current job! Also they talk really funny, I dont like BBQ's much and thats all they eat!
SO I AM NOT GOING!

I knew where you were talking, the minute you said BBQ. Just remember your Dad will need your support, there is no way he can function properly wondering all the time about you. Besides if I'm right, EM moved there and he isn't complaining. Besides all you need is a Voltmeter, scope, odds and ends. The rest you can buy when you get there, I'm pretty sure the schools aren't so bad.

Enjoy the Down Under be it New Zealand or Australia. :)

LG, my daughter was born in North Carolina US and my son was born in Naples, Italy. I did what I had to do to earn a living. My kids always made the best of all situations and places we lived.

Ron

I absolutely do not like moving. Moving rooms, moving house, moving countries.
I prefer stability and minimal upheaval, but sometimes an opportunity presents itself, where you would kick yourself later, if you didn't grasp it by the horns.
I left the UK in 1998 and spent over 7 years away.
I spent just over 7 years back in the UK, after being repatriated in 2006.
I am back where I originally moved to, 15 years ago.
Every move has resulted in down-sizing, but you do get to filter out the crap that you are never going to use anyway.
I'm a bit of a pack-rat generally, so it's good to get a fresh start.
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back