Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I don't know what to call it, but its like a data analyser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it is in a format, you just don't know what it is. Without that info, your just milking a bull.

ok i dont understand, what do you mean its in a format? the value of each pixel is determined by the state of data 1 and 0, its not data coming through like a hex value in a packet or anything like that its just if they are high or low...

and i understand that you can milk a bull, just the milk is not as good

Not sure if you found this already or not but this might help people understand the problem a little better and give you better advice.

**broken link removed**

The part you identified is in the second one down. Not sure if it's the driver IC or not based on schematic.

Last edited:
Not sure if you found this already or not but this might help people understand the problem a little better and give you better advice.

**broken link removed**

The part you identified is in the second one down. Not sure if it's the driver IC or not based on schematic.

hi, and thanks for that. i already have seen those schematics, so i am still at the same point. i fully understand how the screen itself works and how the data is sent to the screen, but i need to do a little more research if i want to pull it straight from the graphics buffer

Not sure where you got this idea. Logic analyzers are very powerful tools in debugging complex embedded designs. You can view entire address and data buses along with reads, writes and chip selects. And these units are hardly inexpensive. A good instrument is well over $10,000

Because for $35 you can get a PicKit2 with a built in logic analyzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back