Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I did an IQ test today

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Did it to see if my brain is OK still. It's an Internet one and its free. Result is/was interesting. Everything else physically is stuffed.....but my brain and thinking and mind is OK. At least I can think still. My Dad went the other way. Physically strong....but had Alzheimhers. I got 125 score.

Not too shabby for a tvtech that's been living under a rock for 13 years who has been exposed to stupidity for that amount of time. Stupidity doesn't even bug me anymore. Nope. Ive accepted that. At least the stupidity that others suffer from has not made me stupider. Ive not myself be dragged down by them.

Nope. I always try my best. Either everything or nothing, Lately, its getting harder. Scan coils have decided to fail. Especially Samsung CRT sets. I had 4 last week. Normally reliable sets.......but...now this too. Other scan coils don't work properly there. Horizontal impedance across coils needed is 5 ohms measured with a YEW. As Nigel will know, its normally between 1 and 3 ohms. These sets are different.

So anyway, I'm not moaning. Just the facts. I modify and deal with this here. Modifying and dealing with the last of CRT is not something that anyone can do. Folks that used to be HOT on CRT wont know what happens anymore Times have changed.

Bridge Rectifier failures are RARE. Only wire fuses and bridging safety parts out causes that.

Main Smoothing or "reservoir caps" are anything from 100MF to 330MF @ 400 to 450 VDC. Depends on the chassis.

capture_001_29042019_171855.jpg

Anyway, i'm here to save whats left of CRT. If CRT dies, so do I.

tvtech

Nope. I always try my best. Either everything or nothing, Lately, its getting harder. Scan coils have decided to fail. Especially Samsung CRT sets. I had 4 last week. Normally reliable sets.......but...now this too. Other scan coils don't work properly there. Horizontal impedance across coils needed is 5 ohms measured with a YEW. As Nigel will know, its normally between 1 and 3 ohms. These sets are different.

Scan coils have been extremely reliable over the years, I diodn't change 4 in 45 years of TV repair - sounds like a design issue with these Samsung ones?

Bridge Rectifier failures are RARE. Only wire fuses and bridging safety parts out causes that.

Nope, bridge failures on CRT were extremely common, we used to keep four different types, and sometimes built ones up from four diodes as well.

I'm just really tired I guess.
Its like I'm tired. So much stuff happening

Eto is full of kind people. Jim and Ian and Nigel come to mind.
Than there are many more. I'm just bah.

There is Audioguru. He knows stuff. I.cant.beat.his.knowledge. Nope.
Audioguru is probably the dude with the muscles walking up the road....hot chick holding his hand.

Sigh

Audioguru Forever
Best of the best.

(pfft .....I got 125 lol.....try it for fun)

tvtech

Ok, tried it and got this:
gimmemore_test.png
Can't be right, cos I know I ain't anywhere near that.

Were. Not anymore. Only by fuse abuse and wire shorting stuff out.

What do you base that on?, the bridge dies, blows the surge limiter and the fuse, the moron THEN wraps wire round the fuse, which doesn't help as the surge limiter has already blown (and of course the bridge is S/C). As I said, it's always been a very common fault, it certainly won't have changed just because the sets are older now.

Anyway Nigel, Im going to try to take pictures of sets im working on daily. Maybe than you will understand a bit better the current CRT situation here :)

An old saying: "pictures or it didnt happen"

:)

tvtech

Anyway Nigel, Im going to try to take pictures of sets im working on daily. Maybe than you will understand a bit better the current CRT situation here :)

An old saying: "pictures or it didnt happen"

I don't see how a picture is going to help?, I've no doubt that people are wrapping wire round blown fuses (I've even seen it here occasionally over the decades) - my point is that it's more likely that the bridge, surge limiter and fuse failed BEFORE the wire was wrapped round. Then, because the fuse had failed, some idiot wrapped wire round it, and of course it still didn't work as the fuse wasn't the only problem.

As I've mentioned, such failures were EXTREMELY common, and without having wire round the fuse.

Youre way too smart for me. Youve never forgiven me years ago for that "posistor vs PTC thing. You didnt like that.

So now, many years later, everytime I post anything CRT related....you try to show you know more. For me Im actually over this crap. Im tired of you thinking you know whats going on HERE with CRT. You have fun. Im done.

tvtech

In the interests of doing 'real research' and getting repeatable results, I decided to take that test again, as I had a little free time this evening.
This evening's result is below:
etoiqtest.png
So, what can we take away from this 'research'?
Well, over the span of 2 days, my IQ has apparently increased 4 points. Perhaps 160 can be reached in 4 days from now?
The test was taken by the same person, on the same PC, sat in the same chair, with the same mouse.
The only variable between the two tests was the relaxation aid of choice - red wine, or Mexican pisswasser.
The first test was taken after a full glass of red wine, the second after a couple Mexican pisswasser's, sans lime.
The second test took less time, due to obvious answers to questions previously-answered being recognized quickly.
This allowed for more reflection time on individual questions where there was previously some uncertainty.
Not sure if the time taken to complete the test is taken into account for the final score, but internet connectivity was lost for about 5 minutes during the second test, so that may have affected the results?

Synopsis of this 'research' - if you want to become smarter, don't drink red wine, drink beer.
Looking back on all the late-night/early-morning conversations where the world's problems have been set straight, my group of friends had not been drinking red wine!

Final note - it's long been my suspicion that the 'elite' are most likely to shun the tipple of the commoners, choosing to consume fine wines instead. Therein lies the problem....those in control of our governments are getting dumber day by day.

:)

I just got 97 in another test....im getting stupider I guess. At least that is better than the National Average of 69.

Are stupids here in SA dragging me down to their level ?

Maybe they are. Voting here is on Wednesday. South Africa .

Shop and workshop has no space left anymore. Every set is "urgent"....nope. Turning sets away now. No new sets for repair being booked in.

Customer..."where can I take it than?". Us. "We dont know. Dont leave it here. Byee"

tvtech

That’s true.
If you want an accurate assessment, you would see a psychologist and have them give you the test. The most common one is the Weschler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS) where the average is 100 and 95% are in the range 70 to 130.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back