i ball booster 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

123Dragonball

Hi friends I m in a fix and need all ur possible advice.I have a I ball booster woffer and the problem is I can't find the ic number on the front PCB board to make repairs.I am attaching a pic of the PCB board .the ic on the right is dead .so if any one can tell me the number it would be great or a comparable ic that works.

Attachments

• IMG-20150326-WA0002.jpeg
    1,007 KB · Views: 300
Judging by the oscillator on the right (and capacitors) it is a microcontroller and may not be easily replaceable as it would need to be programmed with the original software from the manufacturer.

So if u can ...from any source find the ic number of this model I ball booster 5.1 or uplode a similar pic of this PCB model so as I can get the ic number.

How do you know it is the IC that is dead ? Have you tried contacting the manufacturer as if it is a microcontroller, only they will be able to supply you a replacement as it will have their own code in. Are there no markings at all on the IC ?

How did you check it ? A microcontroller may require an initialisation signal from another part of the system.

That board looks like a simple display and IR receiver board so may send / receive data from another part of the system. Looking at the pinouts, there appears to be STBY (standby ?) A, B, SEL, DATA and CLK (which would suggest a communication between this board and another board), +5v and GND.

Have you put a scope on the oscillator to see if you are getting the frequency specified on the side ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…