Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i ball booster 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

123Dragonball

Hi friends I m in a fix and need all ur possible advice.I have a I ball booster woffer and the problem is I can't find the ic number on the front PCB board to make repairs.I am attaching a pic of the PCB board .the ic on the right is dead .so if any one can tell me the number it would be great or a comparable ic that works.

Attachments

• IMG-20150326-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20150326-WA0002.jpeg
    1,007 KB · Views: 295
Judging by the oscillator on the right (and capacitors) it is a microcontroller and may not be easily replaceable as it would need to be programmed with the original software from the manufacturer.

So if u can ...from any source find the ic number of this model I ball booster 5.1 or uplode a similar pic of this PCB model so as I can get the ic number.

How do you know it is the IC that is dead ? Have you tried contacting the manufacturer as if it is a microcontroller, only they will be able to supply you a replacement as it will have their own code in. Are there no markings at all on the IC ?

How did you check it ? A microcontroller may require an initialisation signal from another part of the system.

That board looks like a simple display and IR receiver board so may send / receive data from another part of the system. Looking at the pinouts, there appears to be STBY (standby ?) A, B, SEL, DATA and CLK (which would suggest a communication between this board and another board), +5v and GND.

Have you put a scope on the oscillator to see if you are getting the frequency specified on the side ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back