Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i am sorry to ask you this question

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineers feel

hello every body

i am sorry to ask you this question

i hope to learn every thing about robot

i dont have any idea about that topic
i like that subject

i came here to help me

thanks so so much

do a google search on that topic and read the threads in this forum.

Apology accepted? I think your answer to finding out more about robotics is within you articulating what most attracts you to robotics in the first place. Are you into thinking robots? Exploring robots? Task-specific robots? Fighting robots? Pacifist robots? Maybe some combination of those and/or other areas?

I think by definition, "robot" refers to some machine that can operate autonomously, that is, a machine that can do what it was designed to do without the assistance of human involvement. So there are essentially two parts to any robot: the physical and motion oriented part, and the reasoning part. To put it another way, the body and the brains.

If you want to make a useful robot, follow the motto of Rodney Copperbottom from the movie Robots, "Find a need, fill a need." Of course, your first need might be learning more about robots. Fortunately, there are lots of web sites, kits, and books dedicated specifically to that need. My advice is to browse the types of introductory robot projects most people start with, and choose one that most appeals to you. Once you have a clear idea of what you want your robot to do, focusing on achieving that goal will be much easier (although it will still take a lot of work and patience, but then, for the things you love you will always find the energy).

So figure out what kind of robot you want to build, and do it. What's the task? What's the body? What's the brains? There's great merit in making a robot (for instance, a line follower) that does its thing in very much the same way as thousands of robots built before it. Every new creator has something of his or her own perspective to bring to the task - just because Beethoven wrote some symphonies didn't prevent thousands of other composers from writing their own, many of which are arguably improvements over anything Beethoven wrote.

So what do you want to do?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back