Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I am new and i have a project idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister_ed

hello to all..i am a newbie here but in the following line i will explain my project idea any help about it will be greatly appreciated..ok i want build a r/c car control by optical control ..i want a very simple control for my first project ..i want be able to control just the forward and reverse only at this time..is there any idea about shematics with parts i should use ..also i specify i want to do it with low cost parts.. i forgot to mention i want build both transmiter and receiver for the car.

Thanks in advance

Mister_ed:)

i want build a r/c car control by optical control
What happens when it goes behind an object like the couch. Or does your house have lots of mirrors? :D

Sounds like a fun project. Radio control can be expensive ($30US) for a novice.

I suggest starting with a standard IR remote transmitter and learning about the signals that it sends. Plenty of articles here that describe how to learn this.

thanks for the reply

thanks for your reply ..ok since i am new here i like if someone can point me to the right place on the board to find how to build a simple ir transmitter and also receiver for my r/c car ...the car will itself will have low power (3v motor)

thanks again

mister ed

:)

thanks Nigel ..i checked this on your website but seem very complicated to me i am just a newbie..i was looking for somethings like shematics with parts description (just a simple things to build) because i just started..thanks for your help

mister_ed

mister_ed said:
thanks Nigel ..i checked this on your website but seem very complicated to me i am just a newbie..i was looking for somethings like shematics with parts description (just a simple things to build) because i just started..thanks for your help

Well the diagrams are simple enough, but you need to program the PIC's. You might try checking the Holtek range of remote control chips?.

Just a few suggestions:
You might want to look at the H-bridge circuits for your car's forward and reverse actions. Try this site for it:

http://www.mcmanis.com/chuck/robotics/tutorial/h-bridge/index.html

When using say Infra Red, think of using a lense to amplify your signal.
A PIC could make life easier, but for your project I think it would be more fun to go without.
Take a look at the HS0038B, it's a IR receiver that may help alot.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back