I am considering an adverts forum....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
Hello,

I am considering an adverts forum where if you wanted to sell a part or give your company some promotion..

Maybe something like:
Electronics Adverts (selling only, no requests)
If you want to advertise your services to the Electro Tech community then please post your message in this forum. Self promotion is allowed.

I also have the idea to allow 3 sticky posts* for a small monthly price. Not sure how much interest there is in this but I do know that there is just over 1500 very keen electronics hobbyists to market your products to..
Post your comments please :wink:

* A sticky post is always listed at the top in a certain forum, in this case the forum would be the Electronics Adverts forum.

It looks ok. But, why no requests too? A mean, imagine I've written a code for a PIC and I need to program it but I don't have a programer and I'm in a hurry. Maybe a message like this could safe my life:

"Urgent. I need someone to program a 16F877 with a given code for me. Give your position and suggest a price."

Or for example. "I'm interested on an used 30V DC power supply. Any offer?"

I can't know how much use would members give to the adverts forum, but I think it would anyway enlarge the posibilities of this site. If it doesn't work, it can always be removed, isn't it? Another point: Is there no trouble on selling or buying or offering or whatever with any kind of law? For example, can I freely sell a microcontroller I bought once to Motorola?

I like the idea, anyway (don't missunderstand me)

Two forums ?

If the new forum contains only 'companies and services' then the info shown should be valid for months if not years ... call it "Commerial Links"

:idea: How about a second forum for "I'm interested in a used 30V DC power supply. Any offer?" then any posting older than maybe two weeks can be deleted so any forgotten requests get tidied up - if the member wanted to re-post the request then at least we know he/she is still there ?
Call this forum "Help - I Want" or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…