Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HV transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris54

I am looking for a source of a HV transformer. I would often deal with peter Dahl but since he has passed away harbash electronics has taken over. And the HV transformer is currently unavailable. It is a HV transformer for an HF amp. An old Alpha 76a.

Does any body know how or who I could get one from. Thanks

Do you know what the specifications are for the transformer?

Yes I have attached the info just need to look at the info or the 76ca

Attachments

• PWDAMATEURA.pdf
    37 KB · Views: 417
Is there a problem with your old one?

Have you tried any local transformer winders in your area?

I'd have thought given the spec they could make one for you or repair a defective one...

Thats what I was looking for but do not know. Do I mearly do a local search or can you recommend one. Secondary voltage is below what it should be.

Chris...

I'm from the other side of thepond...so cant help you with local knowledge. Just thought I'd throw some ideas at ya..:D

Which secondary voltage is low?

Have you tried disconnecting all from the transformer and measure each winding?

It could be that you have an overload on a circuit?

Last edited:
Chris - you may have already tried posting on QRZ.COM. I used to read thru postings on an AM forum or two - lots of guys there build their own gear and use high voltage supplies. Now and then I'll see stuff like this at hamfests. Not sure if you need just one or are looking for a source for more than one. Look in the back of QST or CQ magazine - again, something you may have already considered. Not sure if you are a licensed/active amateur or not.

Unfortunately I tossed a few transformers out that might have fit your needs. Their condition was unknown to me and it was likely that they were discards - which would explain why I had them in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back