Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HV power supply from china

Status
Not open for further replies.

joneser14

I have a high voltage power supply with the following specs: two inputs both 5 VDC and two outputs 30kV ~5uA and 5kV~20uA. The power supply it self is around 4 inches long, 1 inch tall and 2.5 inches wide. My question is does anyone know what kind of applications something like this is used for ? or is there a more technical name as to what something like this is? Thanks for any help.

Maybe a neon sign power supply? Something for a gas laser? Google and see what you find.

"neon sign power supplies 30 kv"

I guess that it is for a photocopier.
High voltage is used to move the toner onto the paper.

JimB

5µA and 20µA is far too low to be a neon PSU, Jim is probably right, it's for a photocopier or laser printer.

Is the output AC or DC?

Then it's definitely electrostatic and assuming the output is suitably isolated from the mains or is connected via a suitably high value resistor it's safe to touch.

It could also be for some sort of ion generator, but Jim is more than likely right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back